Sunday 27 November 2011

E.L.F: Dark Purple Glitter

Now, to be honest with you, I don't know what to make of this colour. A part of me absolutely loves it, but there's another part of me that doesn't. Dark Purple Glitter is one of the many polishes I purchased in ELF's 40% off sale for 90p, usually £1.50. It's a dark, vampy purple with blue toned glass flecks running throughout, giving it a lighter feel. Now, I was a bit disappointed with how this translated onto my nails, in the bottle it looks very glitter heavy, but on my nails there is hardly anything.
The application is very smooth and is opaque in 2 coats, as it is a glass fleck, the removal process is very quick and easy, which was good as I swatched a lot of polishes before and after taking this photo, many of which I'll have to re-do due to half hearted clean ups.
Kudos to all those polishaholic bloggers out there that swatch whole collections in one day, it gets very tedious very quickly, I can't imagine what it's like with full glitters!
If there's any specific polish you'd like to see swatched from my recent ELF Haul, let me know in the comments!!

4 comments:

  1. I really like the colour. I try lots of different polishes but always come back to dark purple and red shades. I don't feel right with light nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks nice! I'm adding it to my wishlist ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Never; Same with me, I have a rainbow of colours but I always seem to go with either Taupes, Dark Greens or Blues

    @Stavroula; Glad I can help! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean. I posted a review of this last week and the word disappointed came up too. But I still like it as a vampy shade. And it's nice to look at it in the light and see the pretty glass flecks.

    ReplyDelete